When it comes to file management and data sharing in the cloud, OneDrive comes as the best solution as it makes the process simpler by making people able to safely access, share and store their data like files and photos from any kind of device and from any place. So, if you choose OneDrive for file storage rather than any other cloud storage solution, you get a power to work in a smarter and speedier way using Office 365.
OneDrive is a great service which offers live co-authoring in the Office 2016 and Office Online apps for PC, Mac and mobile and also discovery by Microsoft Graph and personalized search.
A number of businesses have already grabbed this solution of OneDrive as it helps them reducing expenditure and enhance teamwork as well as mobile productivity by turning it convenient to manage and safeguard company data. At present, every company can start using OneDrive without any cost and here is the complete information about this switch for interested people.
New Proposal for Switching to OneDrive
Microsoft is trying its best to make it simpler for new users to switch to OneDrive by offering this service for free. So, now, OneDrive for Business comes without any cost for remaining term of a current contract along with Google, Dropbox and Box. It is a new and limited period offer starting from Feb 6, 2018 to June 30, 2018 for companies that have yet not adopted Office 365 or OneDrive for Business solution and should also make a commitment for minimum 500 consumers.
So, all the customers who take part in this proposal can take benefit of Microsoft FastTrack that is a success service for Microsoft customers for making a flawless transition to Office 365 and OneDrive. This way current and new customers of Office 365 can get information on on-boarding, migration and user adoption services from fasttrack.microsoft.com.
As per the Vice President of IT Stores at Lowe’s, the team of FastTrack helped their business with great practices, a checklist for pre-migration and documentation. As per the list of people interested in migration, it looked to be quite sensible to collaborate with Microsoft.
Speed Up Your Digital Transformation Using OneDrive
Over 3, 50,000 companies use OneDrive, and this development is truly outstanding. In 2017, OneDrive file sync and storage utilization both have tripled. This adoption includes small as well as large size companies that already use OneDrive for following reasons.
• Enhance teamwork and creativity – Lowe’s currently launched OneDrive for more than 2, 50,000 workers enabling them to easily share data with customers and colleagues across their thousands of retail stores. Similarly, Accenture relies on OneDrive as its four lacs workers access their data over 2 pb files in cloud across various devices while travelling around various nations in the world.
• Influence agility, intelligence and security of the cloud of Microsoft – Land O’ Lakes gave up their requirement for different cloud storage solutions as they have taken a move to OneDrive which has given them a well-settled solution to quality safety of their business data. Just like them, DBS Bank also switches to OneDrive after learning about more investment in the cloud by Microsoft.
• Save Money by adopting an integrated single solution with Microsoft Office 365 – A well-known company Textron is ready to make a switch on OneDrive for having an enhanced governance as needed at a low cost. Rackspace is also among those customers who are saving their money with cloud storage from OneDrive as this company saves more than $411,000 annually.
So, these are enough reasons to make your move to OneDrive over Dropbox, Box and Google Drive.
Pioneering Product Innovations of OneDrive
Apart from a convenient move, it is also a leader in advance innovations. At Ignite conference of Microsoft, it displayed more than hundred features as well as improvements of OneDrive provided last year and also introduced new capabilities that are about to come. Some of these have launched to customers that include:
• Safe sharing of external file without requiring Microsoft subscription that gives users an ease to share data externally while delivering visibility as well as control to the IT departments of shared data.
• Great support for managing and browning files saved in SharePoint Online and OneDrive team sites without needing to use space of local disk with On-Demand OneDrive Files in Windows 10.
• Robust capabilities of multi-geo for OneDrive in Office 365 for supporting requirements of data residency in MNC companies.
• OneDrive for Business comprises of Files Restore features that is a self-service solution of recovery and is used for files affected by accidental deletion, malware infection and file corruption.
• Making OneDrive and Office an ideal place for iOS with co-authoring over drag-drop function, office documents, and association with app of Apple Files.
As Microsoft keeps on innovating new products and expand the customer base, the tech analysts are busy in taking helpful notes. Forrester Research report had recently accepted Microsoft as a market leader for its cloud solution. Apart from holding a leading position, Microsoft also was topped in present offering and prepared for second offering in its strategy.
So, here you have learnt various stories as well as reviews of analysts about OneDrive that says it is not merely a cloud solution, but it is a key requirement for modern business.