The addition of new business applications to Microsoft Office 365 has grown its worth and success in the business worth and this growth is yet not stopped as the company keeps on putting effort to make it better day by day.
New collaboration and productivity tools like Microsoft Groups, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Planner, are contributing to ease and streamline business communication and thus, make the Office 365 migration from any other platform more appealing than before. So, if you have a plan for Office 365 migration, then check out following mentioned methods that are meant to simplify this move for your business.
A. Consider Stock – Check Your Existing IT Infrastructure
Before you get on the Office 365 migration, make sure to review your existing IT infrastructure at first as it will help you to ensure if it supports the setup of Office 365 or not. Now, get an updated and precise snapshot of the servers, network architecture, directory design, DNS, mail and client applications, connectivity, security solutions etc. To perform these checks, you can take help of the automated tool namely readiness-checker that is provided by Microsoft.
B. Thoroughly Plan – Line up your Office 365 Migration To Your Business Needs
A good planning is a must thing to make a successful Office 365 migration. In this process, keep following mentioned pointers in mind.
Build Up Cross-Functional Business Team Together – Make a team that can span your business, marketing, sales, engineering, support etc. to ensure all the service requirements and requisites. For this purpose, these points can be of a great help.
1. Choose features that you need the most – Ensure those features you need to implement and also order and then, put these needs on your business value.
2. Select a right migration type – It includes your selection of the migration type for Office 365 in which you get options for cutover migration, staged migration, IMAP migration or hybrid migration. You can also take help of a pilot rollout, though it is not a good choice for high-touch businesses.
3. Prepare a complete strategy – Draw all your requirements and data which is required to be moved depending on your company goals. In this process, some certain questions include the key stakeholders, an idea for a good migration for them, are you willing to move each and every user in your office, have you reviewed your data placement and the data that can be dumped?
C. Call Up An Expert – Take Advantage From An Experienced Professional
To stay away from some avoidable mistakes in Office 365 migration, it is the best idea to talk to people who you think have succeeded in making a smooth transition. Follow their advice and believe us, it will save you from wasting your time and energy. Furthermore, connecting to an experienced professional Office 365 consultant can be a great bet to make a flawless transition. It is the best way to get rid of the load of migration.
D. Prepare All Your Employees – To Ease Up Your Move
Every kind of move – be it the cloud or any other new platform – leads to move from certain norms and processes. Therefore, it will be good to make your employees prepared for the same by providing them training on how to use these tools and solving apprehensions that they face. For this purpose, you should follow some expert suggestions which are as below:
• Begin with an internal expert in your office to provide him a training for the easy transition.
• Do not be tough on taking employees on-board, but use easy to understand tutorials, FAQ, cheat sheets or use links on Help Center to train all of them. It is equally important to introduce employees with the advantages of using these tools and introduce everything incrementally.
• There are so many features that can boost the work productivity of the employees. Hence, encourage them to explore the suite as much as they can and share advantages using Microsoft Teams.
E. Do not forget about security of your data – Restore & Backup Is must
In terms of security, Office 365 holds the first position as it has worked miraculously in safeguarding data of the users from accidents or when they lose a control. Some instances include losses caused by any natural calamity. No doubt, it does not have that power to safeguard you from this mishap, but from data loss that can be a cause of malicious removals, malware, hacking and sync errors. Remember that the cloud is fully susceptible for your data. Hence, saving your data on the cloud will surely guarantee you for the permanent safety of your valuable business data.